MOBILITY IN GREECE
Place of the meetings: 4th GYMNASIUM VOLOS, GREECE
Dates of the meetings: Tuesday 7th May 2019: 9.45a.m. – 11.30 a.m., Thursday 9th May 2019, 10.45 a.m. – 12.30 p.m.
Participants: Salvador Oliva March, Alexandre Recasens Arbós (Spain), Zdeňka Schormová, Pavlína Morasová (Czech Republic), George Varnavas, Eleni Mosialou (Greece), Viorica Borca, Claudiu Daniel Vlad (Romania)
Issue 1: Work done between 2nd and 3rd short-term exchange of groups of pupils
(March 2019 - May 2019)
• Students in each school were working on Linguistic issues – they were studying trace of Latin and Greek in their own languages and the origin and development of the languages in the project: Romanian, Greek, Catalan, Czech and English. They searched for words of Latin and Greek origin in their language and described their development and meaning. They were sorting them to their original groups, looking for the number of speakers and the territory where the languages are spoken,
• Product 1 brought for the meeting in Greece: Powerpoint presentations about Linguistic issues – language development, maps of distributions, number of speakers. The presentation also contained information about languages taught in each school, which grades, number of lessons,
• Product 2 brought for the meeting in Greece: 3 videos recorded by students – one reading the myth of the Kidnapping of Europe in English, second - reading the myth of the Kidnapping of Europe in the national language (Catalan, Czech, Greek, Romanian) and the third video was a recorded dictionary of the basic expressions in English and the national language. The Czech team also brought a poster of the tree of languages. Tools and materials used: mobile phones, tablets for recording, paper, glue, coloured papers,
• Students were provided with the manual how to present in public. They were learning and practicing how to present results of their work orally in English in public.
Feedback: All national teams worked hard on completing the tasks and they brought the presentations, however, unfortunately, some recordings were missing and students only read the dictionary and the myth (Catalan).
Issue 2: Practical organizational aspects of the future short-term exchanges of groups of pupils_
Project team discussed the issue and came to the following:
• Czech Republic (Brno) 4th short-term exchange of groups of pupils will be held on 9th – 13th December 2019 with the topic: Social issues - traditions, everyday live and pastimes. First, students will study Roman legacy in Christian traditions (Saturnalia) and elements preserved in national modern tradition and celebrations up to now. Each country will present their Christmas traditions and one more national festival which is different from the rest of Europe. Students will describe them in the presentation with all their attributes, music – carols, meals, dances, dates and purpose.
• Spain – Catalonia (Calaf) 5th short-term exchange of groups of pupils will be held from 9th – 13th March 2020
• Czech team has elaborated Acta 1, 2 from previous two meetings,
• Romanian team has updated web pages: www.classical-origins-of-europe.com with information from the activity in Romania
• Catalan team has updated eTwinning platform with all the products and activities from Romania,
• Greek team has created online evaluation forms for the first two mobilities, both for students and teachers
• Catalan team has created Learning, Teaching and Training Activities on Mobility Tool platform for all three short-term exchanges of groups of pupils, however, it has not been completed by all teams:
Czech team: completed all 3 mobilities
Romanian team: completed 2 mobilities (in 1 was an organiser)
Greek team: not completed (in 1 was an organiser)
Catalan team: not completed (in 1 was an organiser)
Work goes well, project webpage and eTwinning project are at high level.
It is necessary to complete mobilities in Mobility Tool by the Greek and Catalan teams as it shows national agencies spending of the project money.
Greek team will inform others if all the evaluation forms have been sent by both students and teacher (providing numbers per mobility).
Issue 3: Work done by the pupils during the 3nd short-term exchange of groups of pupils
Work completed and done:
• Students and teachers took part in an educational visit to Acropolis and Acropolis museum in Athens with a guided tour in English, to Meteora 3D visitors centre watching three short films about creation of the Meteora region and the history of monasteries and educational visit to the monastery of St. Stephen with a guided tour in English. During the visits they completed tasks in mixed international teams for the future project work,
• Students presented the information about Linguistic issues and development of languages in Powerpoint presentations orally in national teams in English,
• Students created 5 concept maps per team in mixed international teams using an online programme and later presenting the results in English,
• Students created a poster per team in online programme from educational visits to Athens and Meteora with information obtained from the guides during the visit in mixed international teams using an online programme and later presenting the results in English,
• Students took part in a seminar on the Greek alphabet led by Greek students, learning pronunciation, reading and writing of Greek words.
A practical guide about how to present in public led to improvement in presentation skills, however, some pupils were still mostly reading the texts – work on improving presentation skills will continue.
Issue 4: Common provisions:
• Each team will disseminate the activities carried out in Volos in their school both to students, teachers and public using various media – posters, school web pages, student presentation in lessons, wall panels
• A Romanian team will update the project webpages, the Catalan team will update the eTwinning platform, the Greek team will send evaluation forms for both the students and the teaches about the mobility in Volos
• date will be set for the teachers to talk via Skype and prepare the next mobility in Volos. Later we will do the same with the students.
• Completing all this will end the first project year, work will continue in September 2019 via a videoconference and planning the second-year progress.
All partners agreed to provide all the presentations and created materials to all project partners after the meeting.
Read and agreed by all parties on the 10 May 2019 in Volos and signed by all the coordinators.
Welcome in VOLOS
PICTURES FROM ACTIVITIES AND PRESENTATIONS
L O C A T I O N